Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MIM: Winter 09

Saturday, January 31st is the start of my next MIM running season! Last fall we participated in The Run For Safe Haven. As a team we collected over $400 in cash donations, collected several gift cards, an suv full of wish list items, and much much more for our team philanthropy, My Sister's House.

This winter we will be participating in the Nutrition Fuels Fitness Run, benefiting the Northern Area Dietetic Association (NADA) and its grant funded programs to fight childhood obesity. For more information about the race please click on the pic below:

For the next 8 weeks my team mates and I will be training, spreading the word about NADA, and collecting donations. If you're interested in making a donation please contact me.

I'm really excited to start running again. I know it is going to be hard at first to get back into a running routine but it is so worthwhile. Last fall, all I wanted to do was finish the race and by race day I wanted to finish in 35 minutes! This time around I hope to meet or beat that goal.

I had so much fun at our last race and I really appreciated all the support and well wishes from my friends and family! Now that I have a blog I'm going to try to write a little something each week - So keep checking back! GO MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment