Monday, January 18, 2010

Vegan Challenge

After watching the movie, Food Inc., and reading the book, The Kind Diet, I decided to take a 30 day Vegan eating challenge.

Today is Day 15 and I feel fantastic! I don't miss animal products at all. I've managed to stay on track even when eating away from home.

Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and desserts are a snap. Cooking yummy and satisfying dinners has been more problematic. I've had some success and some failure :( It's a little complicated cooking for Aaron - he doesn't like beans of any kind, mushrooms, or sweet potatoes.

Owen doesn't mind the change whatsoever, Aaron on the other hand is eating out a lot!! Aaron has been very supportive and encouraging of me though. :)

What happens when the 30 days are up? I'm not sure. I need some better dinner recipes quick before Aaron mutinies!

2 comments:

  1. oh what's The Kind Diet book? I'll have to look at amazon.
    I looked at all my vegan recipes (which I think I've sent you most of them) and every dinner calls for beans! I'll have to call my MIL to see what she has.
    LOL! @ "...before Aaron mutinies!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the beans! We just watched Food Inc. Although neither of us want to become vegetarians we have agreed to more meatless dinners and to buy only meat from local farms. I think we are going to split a 1/4 of a cow from a farm in Nevada City with a friend. That is a lot of beef!

    ReplyDelete