Sunday, February 22, 2009

MIM: WEEK 4

We're half way there!

Saturday was a beautiful day. Cold, yes, but the sun was shining and the wind was not blowing! It was a great day for a run.

We ran 2.25 miles today. It was a bit more challenging than I expected. Not being able to train during the week due to wet and windy weather is definitely catching up with me! I've decided that I am a fair weather runner! I guess I'll have to adjust my expectations for the upcoming race. I am a teeny bit competitive and would have liked to have done better than last time but ultimately whether I run faster, slower, or at the same pace I'm having tons of fun with my team mates! Go Moms!

We were also able to take our team photo. Not everyone was able to be there.




After a run three representatives from a company called Juice Plus had shakes and samples for us to try. One of the reps, Leigh Hobson, is also the Lodi StrollerFit owner/instructor. She was super fun to talk to and very encouraging! She's been running for a little over a year now and recently completed her first half marathon.

More exciting team news - We're putting together a fundraiser to help raise money and awareness for NADA. Now through March 15th we're collecting donations for a raffle. We've already received some great prizes! Soon we'll be selling raffle tickets - 1 for $1 or 12 for $10. The night of the race we'll be drawing tickets!! All items donated are tax deductible and all sales of raffle tickets will go to NADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment