Saturday, January 31, 2009

MIM: WEEK 1


Brrrrrrr! It is cold at 7 o'clock in the morning.

I'm not sure what the final count is for our team membership but 21 women showed up this morning for our first MIM team workout. Hooray!

We've officially started our training program. Introductions were made and it was great to see so many returning members and so many new moms as well!

The first team workout so far has been a timed mile, later as we get closer to race day, Wendy will time us again so we can see how much we've improved. This was a very rewarding experience for me last fall - I started at an 11 minute mile and re-tested at 9 minutes. This morning however was not so rewarding. I haven't been running since the first week in December and I finished the mile at 11 minutes 40 seconds with a side cramp! Oh well, Wendy always says, "Start where you are not where you want to be." Perhaps she should add, "not where you used to be." Aaron assures me I'll get back to where I was quickly because of my previous training. I hope so!

Some other exciting MIM news: our friend and team mate,
Aly Viducich, was chosen to be our teams' SuperMom! I'm so excited for her! You can read her interview on her blog and the MIM website. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment